Important Dates for Authors
- 03 May 2021: Abstract Submission Closes
- July 2021: Author Notification on acceptance of your work to the congress and if accepted, format of your presentation (oral presentation or poster presentation)
- August 2021: Registration Opens: Authors need to be registered by 10 September 2021. Learn more about joining ISES as a member and benefiting of the special ISES members registration rate here!
- 10 September 2021: Author Registration Deadline
- 15 October 2021: Full Paper Submission Deadline
- November 2021 - January 2022: Full Paper Review
- February 2022: Author Notification of Review Result
Publishing your work at SWC 2021
During the congress, you will have to present your work either via an oral presentation or via a poster presentation. You will also be asked to subit your full paper prior to the congress - the deadline for this full paper submission is 15 October 2021 and more information on how to submit your paper will be available in time.
All full papers presented at the congress will be peer-reviewed for publication in the proceedings, which will be published in the ISES Conference Proceedings Database, a publicly accessible and searchable online database. All papers accepted for publication by ISES will be assigned an individual DOI and be published by ISES under the title “ISES Solar World Congress 2021”.
In the ISES Conference Proceedings Database you can search and find papers published under the proceedings of ISES conferences. This database offers the global renewable energy community with easy and searchable access to ISES conference proceedings. It also provides authors of scientific papers a state-of-the-art platform to publish their work presented at ISES conferences.
The proceedings represent the latest in research, development, deployment and projects on a range of topics presented at ISES conference.
Topics covered include:
- Renewable Electricity Technologies: Photovoltaics, Concentrated Solar Power (CSP), Biomass, Geothermal, Wind, Hydro, Ocean and Other
- Solar Heating and Cooling
- Solar Buildings and Architecture
- Resource Assessment and Energy Meteorology
- Energy Storage
- Renewable Energy Grid Integration and Distribution
- Off-Grid and Rural Energy Access
- Solar Energy and Society
- Clean Transportation Technologies and Strategies
The papers published under each conference are sorted according to the themes and topics defined under each event.
Cooperation with Solar Energy Advances
A select number of high quality papers presented at the Congress will be invited for submission to the new ISES scientific journal, Solar Energy Advances. These invited papers will be subject to the Journal’s normal peer review process.
Launched in 2021, Solar Energy Advances will be a high-quality journal reflecting the work of ISES in transforming our energy production and consumption into a fully renewable system. The new journal will complement the successful ISES Solar Energy Journal, launched in 1957, and which remains the flagship scientific journal for solar energy.
Solar Energy Advances aims to provide a forum for the presentation of fundamental scientific advances in the understanding on any aspect of solar energy research, development, application, measurement or policy. The journal welcomes the submissions of articles at the forefront of solar energy research, truly advancing the field.
Solar Energy Advances will cover a broad range of themes relevant to solar energy research, development and applications.
Each issue of Solar Energy Advances will focus on specific topics, such as:
- Solar energy systems and applications
- Research and development in solar energy utilisation
- Applications of solar energy measurements, assessments, and forecasting methods
- Planning of active and passive solar energy utilization in urban environments
- Solar energy policy and legislation
- Solar energy markets and public support
- Other direct and indirect applications of solar energy such as energy storage, hybrid systems, sector integration
- Other renewable energy uses